Monday, August 10, 2020

 


Hello First Grade Families!

 

My name is Stacie Martino and I am so excited to welcome you and your child to First Grade at Gold Rush Elementary!  I am looking forward to meeting you and developing a partnership with you as parents!  First Grade is an adventure and has been my favorite grade to teach. Six and seven year olds are so full of curiosity and are eager to learn.  I just love their enthusiasm and excitement!  They make me laugh everyday!  It is so much fun to see the growth that takes place. You will be amazed, and I look forward to sharing this journey with you and your child!


Beginning a new school year can be an exciting time for students and parents alike.  I know as we start this year we are all filled with mixed emotions and questions.  I want to assure you that my number one priority is the health and safety of your child.  I am committed to doing my very best to meet your child’s needs, both academically and emotionally.  I’m sure you have many questions and I hope most of them will be answered as we begin our year together.  Please know that my door is always open and I would be happy to chat with you anytime.  


I’d like to take this opportunity to share some information about myself with you.  I am entering my 28th year of teaching, all here in Douglas County.  I have been at Gold Rush since it opened in 2008, and I love being part of such a wonderful school and community!  I taught Kindergarten our first year before moving to first grade.  Prior to that I was in Highlands Ranch, where I spent time teaching first, third, fourth, and fifth grades.  I also worked with struggling readers in a reading intervention program.  I received my Masters of Arts in Teaching in 1999. 


On a more personal note, my husband, Steve, and I are Colorado natives and we enjoy many of the great activities our state has to offer.  We have two sons, Blake and Tyler, who both attended Gold Rush.  Blake will be a Sophomore in college, attending the University of Wyoming, and Tyler will be a Senior at Legend HIgh School.  I can’t believe my youngest will be graduating from High School!  The time really does go so fast!  Before you know it, your first grader will be graduating from high school too!  With three boys in the house we spend a lot of time playing and watching sports. Together we love to ski, hike, and spend as much time as we can in the mountains.  We also enjoy cheering on all our Colorado teams! 


I look forward to meeting you and your child on our Meet Your Teacher day.  Click here to sign up for a time on August 12, 13 or 14. I have 8 time slots each day that are 20 minutes starting at 8:00. If you prefer to have this meeting virtually, please sign up for a time slot, but indicate a virtual meeting in the notes and I will send you a link.  Please do not bring school supplies at this time. We will take care of organizing our supplies on their orientation day.   


Our orientation days will begin on August 17.  You should receive an email with a link to sign up on August 10th.  You will select one day for your child to attend school in a small group setting. This will be a time for us to get to know each other, our room and go over our routines and procedures. 


Please remember I am always here for you and your child. Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns. I am confident we can navigate this new world together.


Warmly,

Stacie Martino

stacie.martino@dcsdk12.org


No comments:

Post a Comment